ABOUT THE FARM
FARM TO FORK
Gate Street is a 3rd generation, family-run farm set in the heart of The Surrey Hills. We are passionate about providing nutrient-rich produce in keeping with traditional, regenerative farming methods that protect and enhance the local ecology. Get to see a bit of Gate Street in action here.
OUR JOURNEY TO AGROECOLOGY
Our regenerative approach helps to reverse the effects of climate change and global warming bringing balance back to the local environment by way of:
A process that captures, returns and stores atmospheric carbon back into the soil - where it belongs.
A rotational grazing method that moves livestock from one paddock to another every 2-3 days; a tool that can improve soil health and productivity.
A means to bridge the gap between habitats, creating biodiversity-friendly spaces and safe routes for animals to move more freely.
AS NATURE INTENDED... (OUR GOALS)
In order to restore balance and transition fully to a sustainable agricultural system we aim to:
1) IMPROVE SOIL HEALTH
via carbon sequestration using regenerative farming methods such as mob grazing.
2) INCREASE SITE BIODIVERSITY
by introducing wildlife corridors, connecting habitats and creating safe environments where wildlife can flourish.
3) PRODUCE 100% GRASS FINISHED LIVESTOCK
which are not only great tasting, but rich in nutrients and Omega 3.
4) REDUCE WASTE
by promoting a circular economy; using (and reusing) 100% recyclable and environmentally-friendly materials.
5) WORK TOWARDS CARBON NEUTRALITY
by reducing our own carbon footprint and helping others do the same via our work with Carbon Footprint UK.
GO FREE RANGE TODAY!
Why not visit our Farm Shop? All our produce is available to purchase online! Click & Collect or Local Delivery is available and we use 100% recyclable packaging (yes - including the plastics!).
It’s not just about great tasting meat and honey, it’s about supporting a sustainable food system...
DID YOU KNOW...
1) Nestled within our working farm lies GATE STREET BARN a “truly magnificent” wedding and events venue that has been a part of many-a-special day for almost 20 years!
2) You can enjoy our rural setting in an OVERNIGHT STAY! Book our Farmhouse, Shepherds Hut or one of our cottages on site.
3) We offer FARM TOURS for individuals or groups that would like to experience ‘life on the farm’ or understand a little more about us and what we do here!
4) You can volunteer to assist us during our LAMBING season (April-May).
5) THE GREENSAND WAY passes through the heart of the Farm; a wonderful 108 mile, long distance walking route starting in Haslemere, Surrey ending in Hamstreet in Kent
6) We love dogs! However, DOGS MUST BE ON A LEAD when passing through our fields, not only for their own safety, and yours, but protect livestock who scare easily...especially lambs!
Set in the Surrey Hills we have the Greensand Way running through the heart of the farm allowing public access. If you ever visit you might like to know a little more about our:
We have 52 acres of forestry supporting the bird population and providing wildlife corridors and habitats for a variety of species.
With 198 acres of grazing land we have subdivided the fields to allow a rotational / mob grazing programme.
Our soil is sandy with patches of clay presenting water management challenges throughout the year
A brook runs through the centre of the property providing wet ground for the cricket bat willows.
Yewtree Nob is listed in the Doomsday Book!